Saturday, February 6, 2010

I need to be better about this....

So, it's been a long time since I posted anything and well, like my title says, "I need to be better about this." So, my goal is to post at least once a month or more....
Since I last posted in June of 2009:
July was filled with my first attempt at climbing Mt. Rainier - climbed for SADS, then home for about a week and a half and helped a teacher friend move to Colorado. While there spent an amazing week with my now exboyfriend. Yes, it was truly an amazing time but in the past now.
August - left Colorado and went to Albuquerque, NM or better yet, Rio Rancho, NM and stayed with great friends Jane and Daniel Cave. Daniel spent the next two weeks giving me flying lessons in Jane's balloon - Bee-loon. Then back to Colorado for a weekend and got to crew for now exboyfriend on his balloon Hamlet (the world's largest flying pig). Then a two day drive home to go back to work.
Sept. - bought my own balloon and was broken up with by the exboyfriend.
Oct. - The BEST month of the year.....Why you ask? Balloon Fiesta!!!! First full week is my Christmas! When I get to be with my balloon family for 9 days of ballooning and all out fun!
Nov. - paid for balloon to get annual and drove to Colorado over Turkey break to pick up the system and bring it home. Got to stand her up twice and fly for about 10 minutes....not long enough but at least I got her in the air. I haven't named her yet, need to take her for a real long flight to finalize the name. All I can say about the trip is that it was so amazing to be finally picking up my balloon and all the great emotions and feelings of a dream coming true...a long time dream....the other part was learning some extremely sad reality about my exboyfriend that hurt me to my core and beyond...more than I thought I could or would ever hurt....even being divorced from Jeff and all that went with that was nothing compared to learning what I did. God truly carried me through that very long weekend and kept me safe hauling my trailer home.
Dec. - probably the hardest month for me....as I was grieving and trying to deal with all that had transpired. But I made it through....Thank you Lord....again carried me all the way through and beyond.
Jan. - my birthday was great....dinner with girlfriends and Ali's new boyfriend....
Feb - is here and am making plans to go to Albuquerque for spring break to take ground school from a great pilot/instructor to help with getting my pilot license.
Oh, work...well I'm in my 20th year of teaching special ed. and still loving it. The kids are the easy part! Just wish all paperwork would go away! Not ever going to happen.
So, I know that through all of 2009, God had his hand in everything and last Sunday, Pastor Joe said to look at our life and see where we see God working in it and the things we have done. I KNOW that the reason Doug came into my life was so I could get my balloon....for "she" was meant for me and me for her. I truly know that it was a God thing and it came from Him! I know that I will be able to bless many lives by having this incredible system. For that I do and have said thank you to Doug.
So 2010 has been a pretty good year so far. I was blessed by friends to attend 3 different Ice Skating performances, snowshoeing with other friends, sewing up a storm, a great Manx cat - Corkie- who loves me unconditionally. I want for nothing....and know that my life is blessed with some amazing people that love and care about me and show/tell me on a regular basis. For that I am thankful and even very humbled at times.
I think I've mostly caught up on the high and low points of 2009....and that's good for now.
Love,
Miss Myia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Myia!
    Thanks for your wonderful birthday message and comment on my blog! It was GREAT to hear from you! WOW! We both had lots of life lessons in 2009! You are one strong cookie and with God's help..."You can do ANYTHING through Christ who strengthens you!" I am thrilled that you got your own balloon! What a hoot. :) I cannot wait to see a picture. 20 years teaching...how can that be? I still know every day that this is what God meant me to do and I still talk about YOU as a shining example of positive change in my classroom!
    God Bless! YOU are loved, special and important!
    Love Linda

    ReplyDelete